027 658 8572
BE (Mech) (Hons) University of Canterbury
ME (Mech) (Dist) University of Canterbury
Amanda originally set out in 2003 as a fully qualified mechanical engineer. Over time she took on more and more project management duties until she made the switch to full-time Project Manager, joining The Project Office in 2014.
Amanda now works across all industries in a senior role that spans programme management, procurement, contract management, engineering design and design management. Highly experienced in the delivery of large and complex projects, Amanda's insightful approach means she can bring multiple stakeholders and parties onto the same page even when conflicting drivers are at play.
With her direct and natural communication style, Amanda builds trust by understanding her clients' objectives, articulating problems clearly and providing genuine, honest and useful advice.
- Well-versed in procurement strategy with a sound understanding of government rules of sourcing
- Strong technical knowledge that ensures design teams deliver the best solution for the client
- An ability to run and establish multiple programmes of work, developing comprehensive overarching structures and identifying ways to add value
- An ability to see the forest for the trees, digesting large amounts of detail to clearly identify the core issues at stake
- A pragmatic thinker who can give good advice in a short and sweet manner
In Amanda's Own Words
"First and foremost I like getting good outcomes for clients. That's when I go home and sleep well at night. I enjoy using my skills to help people see their way through a complex issue, providing them with practical, clear-minded advice so they can make good decisions for their project."
University of Otago - Christchurch Campus
AgResearch - Containment Glasshouse
AgResearch - Future Footprint
Housing New Zealand Corporation (HNZC)
Christchurch Wastewater Treatment Plant - Toe Drain Pump